- Written by Cathy Hay
|Katerina Vuksic's Diagonal Seamed Corset: Part 1 of the complete details of how to make it are now FREE to view at Foundations Revealed.|
Foundations Revealed gives you the resources to make better corsets - not just how to make a corset, but how to make an excellent corset.
We believe there's a place on the Internet for more in-depth instruction than you can get for free, updated with a new class of the same calibre every Saturday, and our membership - still growing relentlessly, despite the economic climate - is proof that many makers agree.
We've just made a lot more of our resources free for everyone to use, so that you can better your work and get a taste of what we do in more depth.
- In our very popular tutorial Draft Your Own Corset you'll learn to make a well-fitting corset pattern from your own measurements;
- Part 1 of Laura Loft's Complete Corsetmaker's Course, in which she shows you how to make a professional quality corset out of the basic Laughing Moon Silverado pattern, is now free
- ALL our basic level articles are now free, including how to get perfectly straight and even boning channels;
- The Corsetmaking Revolution shows you how to adjust any pattern, historical or modern, to fit you;
- Comparing Steel/Spiral Boning: Jenni Hampshire conducts a unique experiment to compare the effects of four different types of steel in her Sparklewren bespoke corsets;
- 1904 Savoye Corset: Joanne Arnett of Bridges on the Body finds an elegant and drastically simple Edwardian pattern with only three pieces, figures it out and shows you how to use it;
- The Basics of Flossing: Step by step to creating simple and complex flossing designs: different threads to use, the right needles, basic stitches and making your own decorative, yet functional, flossing designs;
- Supporting a Large Bust: Supporting large busts (say, above a D cup) can be tricky: Isabelle Mekel shares her guidelines for giving shapely support to larger cups;
- Even parts 1 and 2 of Mark Garbarczyk's Bra Making Course are now free;
- How Much Should You Charge? How much should a corsetmaker charge, without either selling him/herself short or discouraging potential clients? What's a truly fair price?
- And that's just the start. Here's a complete list of the additional free articles, and here are the free basics.
I hope that these newly free articles will help you in your corsetmaking, demonstrate what we do and the level of detail that members get for their money, and perhaps even tempt you to become a member and get all the corsetmaking help and instruction your heart desires (ie access to everything we've ever published, plus a new article in this much depth every Saturday!)
I'm very interested to have found your site. However, I'm trying to determine the value prior to signing up. I thought the free articles on this page would help, but many of the links are broken or giving me a 404 error. If you're able to look into this and refer me to the correct locations, that would be great. It will help me decide whether to sign up or not. Thanks!