- Written by Marion McNealy
At this time, we're looking for articles on the underwear and corsetry of these eras: Tudor, Stuart, Medieval, Renaissance, Regency, Early Victorian, Teens and 20th c Vintage and Modern.
We particularly welcome articles on these topics
- Patternmaking, drafting, adjustment, and scaling to your size (esp plus sizes)
- Customers and Business
- Studies of extant garments
- Underwear (shirts, chemises, shifts, drawers, knickers, petticoats, etc.)
- Creating a corset from a patent diagram (contact the editor for ideas)
- Complete beginning-to-end projects
- Period authentic techniques explained for modern readers, eg authentic seam finishes, "fiddly stuff"
- Decorative techniques
- Working with challenging or difficult materials (leather, metal, special fabrics)
Content should be at the advanced level, but accessible and well explained. It must have references to period sources, eg archive.org, museum examples, etc. The content should be new and not yet published in another form (website, print)
Current payment rates are UK£60 (currently US$100) per article. Articles should be at least 2-3000 words long and 25-30 pictures apiece. A single article or a series would be fine.